- Omniwriter is a distraction-free “writing environment” that serves as “your own private writing room where you can close the door behind you to focus on your writing in peace.”
- Scrivener is a “powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on helping you get to the end of that awkward first draft.” Features include formatting multiple documents, outlining and mind-mapping, sticky notes, full-screen editing and more.
- Hemingway App is a fantastic automatic editor. Here’s how it works: after you enter a block of text, it will tell you how many sentences or phrases are: hard to read, very hard to read, contain adverbs (in place of more powerful verbs), contain words or phrases that can be simpler, or use passive voice.
- My Authors@Google Talk: 10 Lessons I Learned During the Publishing Process
- For Authors: 15-Tab Book Marketing Spreadsheet – 15-Tab Book Marketing Spreadsheet (as recommended by Seth Godin!) – to help creatives get organized (and stay sane) around a big launch. Tabs include: online promo, offline promo, advance copy distribution, book tour.
- Ultimate Website Checklist Template: Everything you need to know to launch, re-launch or re-brand a website — strategy, design, development, copywriting, launch-planning and last minute details.
- For Bloggers: Editorial Calendar Template for 2016: This is the format I use to plan posts and newsletters; particularly helpful if you have multiple contributors, sites or guest posts.